It’s a delight to ‘virtually’ meet you! Sometimes we need to let go of our tight grip on the handlebars, take off the training wheels, reach within and take a deep breath, and just believe as we find our way of life. Are you ready to start pedalling in a new direction? Isn’t it time to ring your bell and move forward with a zest for life?
My speciality area for life coaching is life transitions, and I offer virtual organizing, and customized communications consulting services.
Like everyone else, I’ve lost my balance on occasion and fallen off my bike. But I’ve also overcome big obstacles on my path. My red bike over the years has become to me a symbol of the “cycle of life” and the need to pump up those tires and continue to move forward even when we feel stuck in the mud. Feeling overwhelmed due to downsizing, job-relationship transition, being self-employed with a home office, or juggling the work-life balance? I can help and cheer you on as I’ve been there.
I dedicate my business to my late parents who taught me to ‘seize the day.’ When I was 13, after an exciting venture to the bike shop with my Dad to buy my first new bike, he died suddenly of a heart attack. After caregiving my Mom for over 10 years with Alzheimer’s, she died peacefully in my arms.
In-person appointments can be arranged for local clients in the Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) and surrounding area. Coaching sessions will also be available via Skype, phone, and chat. I have completed The Life Coach Certification Group (ICF approved) Success Conversion Coaching Program and I am a Certified Life Coach with the Certified Coaches Alliance. I am also a Compassion Fatigue Resiliency Educator via the Traumatology Institute. As a sociologist, I have taught part-time at a local university for several years and hold a MA in sociology, and a MBA in executive management specializing in change.
In the words of Albert Einstein, “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
Life Transitions Coaching
- Preparing for your elderly parents, chronically ill loved ones, injured military spouses, and special needs children? When we ponder change and grief, we often connect it will dying. A caregiver can experience grief as a result of the losses he or she endures when caring for someone with a chronic illness such as loss of freedom, financial security, and independence.
- Putting the pieces of life back together due to grieving a death or the chronic illness of a loved one? Other areas include addiction, baby blues, business closure, childlessness, cyber, school or workplace bullying, domestic abuse, downsizing, identity fraud, loneliness, PTSD, relationship breakdown, single parenting, stalking, or loss of unborn baby, child, pet, job, or home.
- Wanting to achieve your professional goals by applying EQ skills? I coach clients on how to deal with their feelings and the feelings of others within their life circles. I help clients to perceive, understand, express, and manage their own emotions and the emotions of others in an appropriate and effective manner during transition and in different circumstances and environments.
- Feeling stuck in the mud and needing a push to find your way? I can help “clear the clutter in life” so that you can “clear the clutter in the mind” with my professional virtual organizing services.
- Are you a sole entrepreneur, a small business, or corporate office needing communications services to move forward? Consulting in the areas of brand and image identity, graphic & web design, video production, and change & social media management is available. I help clients problem solve, develop, and implement new directives with fresh ideas, a close eye for detail, and a creative style.
- Relocating? I also consult in the area of ESL (English as a Second Language) online teaching for those undergoing transition to a new culture, country, or workplace.